BigBlueButton (BBB) is a freely accessible open source software for web conferencing. It has been used in digital teaching since the 2020 summer semester and is hosted on the servers of the ZDV at JGU. The software runs with the latest version 2.4.
An overview of the most important questions (FAQs)
- How many people can attending a BBB conference at the same time?
- Which devices do you need and which browsers are recommended for use?
- What can you do if you have technical difficulties during a BBB conference?
- What do you have to consider when making recordings?
- How can you dial in with the telephone?
BigBlueButton functions at a glance
- New features: virtual backgrounds & Layout Manager
- VCRP presents the latest features in video tutorials
- BigBlueButton manual: Many features are explained with screenshots and short instructions.
- News about BigBlueButton (german only)
- BigBlueButton can be used barrier-free with screen readers. The safeserver.de website offers special BigBlueButton screenreader tutorials. The navigation hints and demonstrations refer to the screen reader NVDA.
- The ZDV operates BigBlueButton for all schools, colleges and universities in Rhineland-Palatinate. A video conferencing system is available to you that meets the current data protection regulations. Because all BigBlueButton instances are operated by the ZDV on servers within the University of Mainz.
- Since the ZDV offers BigBlueButton for all schools, colleges and universities in Rhineland-Palatinate, there are various support offers.