If you have forgotten your password, it is no longer possible to log in to many services and applications. We explain how to proceed.
If you have forgotten your password, contact your supervisor or one of the JGU account managers at your institution.
If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it.
- Click on: https://account.uni-mainz.de/password/init-reset
- Enter your user name and your private e-mail address.
- For identification purposes, you must enter one further characteristic: Your matriculation or registration number.
- Click on Submit.
- You will receive an e-mail to your private e-mail address with a link. Click on this to create your new password. The link is valid for a maximum of 60 minutes.
- You will be taken to a web page where you can create your new password. Enter your date of birth and your new password. Repeat the new password and click Save.
- After you have created a new password, you will receive a confirmation email.
- If you still have a PUK from the old procedure, you can use it to reset your password via the https://account.uni-mainz.de/password/reset page.
- If you have forgotten your password and do not have a PUK, you can apply for a PUK at the circulation desk of the Central Library during the respective opening hours.
- To do so, bring your official photo ID (identity card or passport) and have the user name of your JGU account ready. The new PUK will be handed out to you there immediately.