Guidelines for the creation of JGU accounts
- Only one JGU account may be created for each person - i.e. not several guest, student. This means that there may not be several guest, student assistant or lecturer accounts for the same person.
- Persons who already have a user account as a staff member may not obtain an additional JGU account via this tool.
- First name, last name, date of birth and the personal email address (NEW) must be entered with the correct values.
- Only JGU accounts for natural and living persons can be created. User accounts such as firstname.lastname@example.org or Eiffelturm@uni-mainz.de are not permitted and will be deactivated and deleted by us. Please contact us directly if you have created such a JGU account in the past and would like to continue using it.
- Due to existing licence agreements, please ensure that the JGU accounts are correctly assigned to the various organisational units (e.g. lecturers, student assistants or guests).
- The allocation of JGU accounts to guests must be in the interest of the university - e.g. in order to be able to work on joint projects. Granting JGU accounts to guests for their own use, without reference to the university, is not permitted.
- Expired user accounts of employees automatically receive the status "guest account", so that a renewal can take place if necessary, provided that the continued use of the JGU account is in the interest of the university.