The ZDV's advice center / hotline on
the ground floor of the Faculty of Natural Sciences is currently closed!
Due to the current situation, we are currently not conducting any on-site consultations. You can still contact us via Skype for Business or email. Orders via the online shop are currently not possible.
Thank you for your understanding!
How to contact us?
The helpdesk of the Data Center provides counselling on all IT problems that might occur in research, teaching and studying at the university of Mainz. The helpdesk is located in room 47 (00 151) right beside the DTP studio on the ground floor of the natural sciences institute building (NatFak), at Johann-Joachim-Becher-Weg 21.
Counselling is provided Mondays to Fridays from 9:00 until 18:00 for questions:
- via e-mail to email@example.com (if possible, please use this way of contact and your university mail account for sending the mail).
- via telephone: 39-2 63 16. (You may also use the telephones inside of the pool rooms of the Data Center).
- on site in room 47 (00 151) on the ground floor of the natural sciences institute building.
Our services in the counseling center:
- Buy your ordered posters and network cables and switches (staff only).
- Network cables and switches can be paid for on the hotline either with copy cards or multi-user cards. The price list for hardware can be found here. Information on copy cards and multi-user cards can be found here.
- Borrow digital cameras and projectors (staff members).
- Order business card printing, bindings and laminations.
- Binding orders for diploma theses,
- seminar papers are only processed Mon-Fri between eleven and twelve o'clock
- Works that are handed in for binding by 6 p.m. in the afternoon can be picked up the next day from 12 p.m.
Current malfunctions and planned maintenance work are reported or announced in the service status of the ZDV.