Please note: Some of the links below lead to pages in German, as work on the English version is still in progress. We apologize for the inconvenience.
In exceptional cases it may be necessary to authenticate your local computer via an additional network service: the so-called 'Virtual Private Network' (VPN) as a member of the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz.
This applies to::
- certain download areas,
- access to the directory 'uni-mainz' via the FTP server of the Data Center,
- enhanced features of literature research at the university library, as well as access to full text editions of certain electronic journals. For these, please see: → http://www.ub.uni-mainz.de/datenbanken-id-927 .
After configuring your operating system with the relevant driver you will be able to use VPN. The link to the download site for the driver, as well as hints for configuring your operating system may be found in one of the following documentations:
- Configuration of VPN for Windows 10
- Configuration of VPN for Windows 8
- Configuration of VPN for Windows 7
Instructions for non-Windows operating systems may be found within the collections of documentations specific to the following operating systems:
|Mobile devices using Adroid|
|Instructions for the macOS operating system (in German)|
|Instructions for Unix Operating Systems|