After your first enrollment at the university of Mainz you have to activate your university account once. To do this you need:
Step 3: You will get the login name of your account.
Did you forget your password?
- If you still have a PUK from the old procedure, you can still use it to reset your password for the time being via https://account.uni-mainz.de/Passwort/Reset
- If you have forgotten your password and do not have a PUK, you can request a PUK during opening hours at the Central Library Circulation Desk. Be sure to bring your certificate of enrollment (or matriculation number) and your official photo ID (ID card or passport) with you. The new PUKwill be given to you there immediately.
You are not able to pick up your replacement PUK in person at the Central Library?
- In this case, please contact the ZDV hotline. To do so, send an e-mail with the subject "Student account: Lost Password" and the following data to email@example.com
- First and last name, matriculation number, date of birth, account name (if known).
- Whether the account has already been activated or used.
- Postal address (the ZDV can only send the PUK if the address given matches the address stored in the Student Secretariat).