Please note: Some of the links below lead to pages in German, as work on the English version is still in progress. We apologize for the inconvenience.
The web hosting services of the Data Center are available for all institutes, faculties, students and staff of the university.
Here you will find support in choosing a suitable system for publishing web pages.
- Simple subject indexing using tags/tag clouds and categories
- A very mature tool for importing, exporting and presenting data tables
- Interfaces for data from other systems at the JGU: such as JOGU-StINe, the bibliography of the university, and UnivIS
- An administrative tool for your own administration of the group of editors of your project
- A comment function für readers (which can also be turned off).
Consult us. Contact: → firstname.lastname@example.org
Describe your requirements. We will call you back if you like, in order to resolve any open questions by telephone.
VirtualHosts are web directories representing your own domain name inside of a common hosting domain. VirtualHosts are not virtual machines. There is no access to server-side configuration files or to the logs of the common hosting environment.
The following aspects should be considered in any case:
→ Any web software installed by yourself on a virtual host must be attended to and updated continuously. One-time installation is not enough.
To apply for a web address, please read our user agreement and send us an
welcome.html is prioritized over index.html. Which means:
- if there is a welcome.html and an index.html, then the welcome.html will be displayed,
- if there is an index.html and an index.php, then the index.html will be displayed.
Please specifically note the → legal advice.
Please send any inquiries or requests about
- the web pages of the university or
- the web pages of institutes, faculties, students or members of staff, the content or links on those pages
directly to the people in charge of the content of those web pages. The people in charge of a web page will usually be listed on its imprint page.